Ecommerce is heavily dependent on software applications and they form the critical core of the business. Also, the industry is so dynamic that, changes need to be implemented on a daily basis. In such a scenario, a manual testing process will lead to nowhere. In this age of omni-channel retailing, it’s a tough task to be consistent across all the touch points. Some of the most important areas to focus in ecommerce testing are:
- Performance Testing
- Security Testing
- PCI compliance Testing
- Load Testing
- Usability Testing
Apart from these, considering the multiple touch points of the business model, we need to be consistent in the mobile store applications as well. Since, more customers are opting for a mobile app for the shopping portal; we need to provide an easy, secure and faultless functionality which is consistent over different mobile platforms.
“With this tough competition and the challenges you cannot just take a risk of manually testing your website and keeping your business at stake”.
So naturally, Test Automation becomes the preferred choice, where we need to tackle the challenges in a faster and more comprehensive way. Let’s take a look at how Test Automaton can help an ecommerce site:
- Since a lot of changes come into play on a daily basis, we need to execute reusable test scenarios to accelerate test cycles. Automated testing provides you with the same.
- Using the functional test case generator, we can build automated test cases and customized business process libraries in lesser time.
- Privacy, access control, authentication, integrity and non-repudiation are big issues in ecommerce website. Test data management can play a highly effective role here.
- We can make use of different automated frameworks to check cross browser compatibility.
- Downtime is too expensive to tolerate w.r.t. ecommerce. Automated testing can help in faster performance measurement and take corrective and preventive measures.
- It’s not feasible to take your website off. Test Automation can help in exercising a live site surveillance.
- As a retailer you need to keep on checking what’s working for the competitors. You can check with different variations by using Split Testing to increase your engagement rates.
- Test automation also helps in defect reporting and regression testing process implementation.